This year we had Callie's Birthday party on a Tuesday evening. Since she's a summer baby we try to avoid the weekends as people often have plans to go away and it's difficult to find dates where everyone can come. Callie had decided she only wanted to invite 5 kids which suits me fine. Even with only 4 kids showing up you still have parents and siblings and the house fills up fast. Callie had decided she wanted to have a constellation themed party. This is not your typically party theme so Kerry and I were left scrambling to figure out what to do. In the end we decided star related items were the easiest to find.
Since constellations were the theme Callie had decided she wanted everyone to wear their pajamas. (I'm really not sure where she gets these ideas.) We included many of the typical party events including a craft where the kids got to decorate wooden door hangers. It almost didn't happen as Kerry painted them black and Callie wanted them to be blue. In the end Callie decided it was okay because the colour was Blackberry and she felt they smelled like Blackberries. They really just smelled like paint but who were we to argue. We also had our annual scavenger hunt. This year the kids had to find constellations and match them up to the animal they represented. The party was capped off with a water bottle rocket that uses baking soda and vinegar. I only filled it half way as I had no idea what would happen and I just barely managed to get my hand away before it launched. Another successful birthday party complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment