Since my Dad was down to visit we decided to take a trip down to Granville Island. It's a great place to visit though we usually only make it down when we have company. Callie decided that she didn't want to go and after 20 minutes of screaming and coaxing I remembered that they have a great bead shop there. It didn't take long to convince her once we let her know that we could go bead shopping. She's had a number of sets given to her as gifts and she enjoys making up bracelets and necklaces. It's a good hobby because she can always start over if she doesn't like the end result. I'm not a fan as at least every few days someone makes a wrong move and you hear the tinkle of beads flooding across the floor.
Although the bead store is a great place with literally thousands of options, the prices seem out of this word. I think the average price for the beads in the picture above was about $1.00. Callie truly enjoyed herself though and picked up a little vile of beads and one 'special' bead. After bead shopping we bought some treats and headed outside to sit since inside was packed. Callie had a great time chasing and feeding pigeons. I plan on using this trip as an example in the future of. 'Trust your parents. You'll have fun!' She got beads, treats and two Nancy Drew books. Poor Carter didn't complain once and only got a cookie!
No comments:
Post a Comment