August 5, 2014

Summer Vacation - The Rest of the Story

I decided I would blog Silverwood as an entry on it's own and fill in around it with a separate entry. We left for Oliver on Saturday morning. We had planned on leaving at 6:00a but when Kerry was up watering she discovered we had yet another pre-trip flat tire. I probably picked it up driving through the construction zone on Highway 1 the night before. From now on, no more last minute trips just before vacation. Our first destination was in Oliver where we had to drop off Wilson. We didn't want to leave him in our Hotel room all day while we were out.
We were only in Oliver for about 18 hours. We would have stayed longer but we had already set the day for Callie's birthday party so we had to work around the August 7th date. Kerry might go up again with the kids later in the summer. It was long enough however for some more knitting lessons from Gub. Callie is making some items for her party and is getting quite proficient.
On our way to Silverwood the day before we had seen a very nice looking mini-golf location that we wanted to check out. It was the perfect morning event before we started the drive to Omak. It was a very nice course though even at 11:00a it was already very hot. I now know why the guy asked if we wanted to do the indoor course. It's the opposite problem from the winter and I think more people do that course during the hot days. Callie ended up spending much of the time in the shade. (If anyone is keeping track, I won by five strokes.)
After mini-golf we started the drive back to Oliver. We decided to spend the night in Omak in a hotel with a pool and do a bit of shopping in Spokane. This time it was shopping for me. They happen to have a Woodcraft store that I've always wanted to go to. I've decided I like Lee Valley better. Kerry also stopped off at the Fred Meyer to pick up some cheaper alchohol. After tonight we head back to Oliver to pick up Wilson and then home to get ready for Callie's party. A quick trip but lot's of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment