October 22, 2014

The Pumpkin Patch

We took our annual trip to the Aldor Acres Pumpkin patch last weekend. We've been every year since Callie was born and the place gets better every year. It's a family run farm that includes a petting zoo, a dairy farm and a Christmas tree farm. The pumpkin patch portion is on all four October weekends and I believe they've been doing it for over 20 years. Judging by the number of cars that arrive when we're there and the cost to get in, I'm fairly certain this is a big piece of their income.
Callie's favourite part is the fact that you get to pick up and feed the bunnies. I think she went back into the bunny barn three times this year. In previous years I've felt very sorry for the bunnies as she would grab them very quickly and often dropped them from quite a height when she put them back. This year though she was an expert and was even able to hold them with just one hand while she fed them hay. There were also a few baby chicks. (It's a good thing they have wings and seem to bounce when they get dropped.)
Carter was a bit pre-occupied this year. He had received some money from Barb and Reg for looking after the dogs while they were in Vegas and he was itching to spend it. He wanted to do all of the pumpkin patch activities as quickly as possible because we had promised him we'd go to the store so he could spend his money on new lego. We did manage to get him to pose for a few pictures.
As I'm looking through the pictures I've realized we forgot to get one of the kids in front of the height indicators. They have various picture boards for the kids to stand in front of that show how tall they are so you can look back at previous years. We haven't been that consistent so I'm not too concerned. At least I got one of Carter as a tiny rooster.

No comments:

Post a Comment