I naively thought that the kids would be excited about a real tree and Carter was, however Callie was not. We couldn't quite get her to verbalize her issues but I think she thought the act of cutting a tree down would be traumatizing for the tree and wanted none of it. My back up plan was to find someplace that sold live trees in pots. We have a spot in the back yard that we could plant it and probably get a few seasons out of it since our living room is too tall. In the end we managed to convince her to take home one of the cut ones in the tree lot by telling her that if we didn't take it home it might not have a home for Christmas.
The Christmas tree lot we went to was much more than just a parking lot full of trees. It's the same location as the pumpkin patch we go to in the fall. I think it's only been doing it the past few seasons as they were probably jealous of a much larger tree farm that is just a few minutes away. The one nearby is quite hilly and looks fun but we decided to go to the pumpkin patch one since it had animals as well. It was a nice day with marsh mellows on the fire, a petting zoo and of course a beautiful "Noble Fir" that the kids named Firy Spike Spikefir. Now I just have to figure out how to get rid come January 1st.
No comments:
Post a Comment