This blog is intended for friends and family of Evan, Kerry, Callie, Carter and Oliver.
February 3, 2017
Turning 40 in Harrison Hot Springs
This year is a fairly significant birthday for me as I turn 40 despite only feeling 39. My Dad is taking me to Montreal over my birthday weekend so the family had to find another time to celebrate. They surprised me with a trip to Harrison Hot Springs two weeks before. Harrison is quite close to us and we talk about going there often. Kerry let me know that we were doing something but wouldn't give me any details. I didn't expect an overnight trip and had no idea until we got in the car and started driving. Once we passed the Abbotsford Zoo and I saw that Pooh bear was coming with us I knew we were going someplace overnight.
It is February so swimming in the lake was out of the question however we stayed at the Harrison Hotel which includes three pools fed by the hot springs. The springs themselves are around 140 degrees Fahrenheit but they add cold water and the pools are closer to 102 to 106. It was a bit chilly in the outdoor pools but the indoor pools were excellent. The pools are quite old now however they've maintained them very well. The only drawback during the weekend was that the pools were open to 11:30p so it was pretty loud after 10:00p. Other than that it was a great birthday surprise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment