July 3, 2021

The Beginning of the End

On April 26th it was my time to get vaccinated. The clear front runner based on efficacy was the Pfizer or Moderna but Canada was having trouble getting those into the country. They did have plenty of AstraZeneca available so they were starting to offer it to the younger age groups. I figured a shot in the arm of something was better than nothing and we'd probably need boosters next year anyways so I signed up. The process was seamless, right from the sign-up process to the day of the vaccination. You got a time slot and had to show up within 10 minutes of that time. A quick form to fill in and an electronic check in process and they sent you to sit in a row for your shot. 
They came to you and after you were done they wrote your time to leave on the glass divider between you and the next person. They also gave you a card to take home with what you received and when. Although vaccine passports aren't a thing, you can also go online and see what you got and when and can print out a form as proof of vaccination. Not necessary for moving around the country but I think we will need it when we go to the US.

It's now July 3rd and I just got my second shot as well. This time I went with Pfizer and some studies have shown that mixing and matching is as good if not better for immune response. It will be a few years before they can figure out if I will grow and a tail or an extra eyeball. Another couple weeks and the kids will also have their second shot. Once the whole family is vaccinated, we just have to wait to decide where we want to go. Unfortunately it might not be until next spring break but at least we're getting closer to being able to go places without a mask. Its been a long haul. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment