July 3, 2022

Father's Day

Taking a lesson from Mother's Day where the family had to guess what Kerry wanted, I decided to be very clear with my Father's Day wishes this year. My specific instructions were "I'd like Dick Prenoke's book on building a cabin and I'd like to go to Granville Island by boat." The family was able to take care of some of my gift request however Father's Day landed on the last weekend before the end of school so they requested that they postpone a portion of Father's Day to the following weekend. They got me the book I wanted but we had to go to Whiterock for dinner.

The weather has remained cool this year but it was nice enough to go to the beach. We ordered fish and chips and had many seagulls join us for a meal. They seem quite polite until they sense weakness and then they swoop in. There was definitely a hierarchy of birds with the bigger ones getting a bit too close for comfort. We managed to eat our meals but we had to sacrifice a few fries. We then came home for dinner where Carter had made me a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing. It was quite delicious and he was quite proud of his diabetes inspired decorations. 
The following weekend we made it to Granville Island. We didn't get to go by boat but we were still busy so that was okay. The weather was much nicer so it was good thing we did go the following weekend. It was our first nice day this year. One surprise was that we realized Carter had no real memory of ever being at Granville Island. It had been a few years before Covid that we had gone and I guess he was too young to remember. He actually thought we were taking a ferry to an island. I think he enjoyed himself. We even went to the kids market and had him go through the kids door. He's a bit tall now. Father's Day spread over two weekends was great!


No comments:

Post a Comment