January 2, 2023

Halloween

I will admit Halloween is getting a bit out of hand. I add something every year and it's getting to the point where it takes almost a full day to get set up. Part of the problem this year was that I wasn't able to get to my annual project until the weekend before. Our house has some windows at the front door with divided light. I've always thought it would be fun to have a Halloween scene in each window so I designed and built some boxes that had CNC'd pumpkin pictures with an LED back light. The thing I like about this project is that I can install it in minutes and put it up weeks in advance without having to worry about the weather. Of course this year it went out on Halloween day as I finished painting it that morning.

This might be the last year of trick or treating though we also thought that last year. Carter dressed up in a few costumes from previous years. He had the head of a cow and the body of a hamburger. Callie bought a new costume this year. She was dressed as Velma from Scooby Doo. Kennedy came over to pick her up to go to a party and they got pictures in front of the cemetery. Overall, I'm really happy with the outside decorations except for the fact that much of it isn't very waterproof. It would be nice if I could put things out earlier and not have to worry about keeping things covered. Perhaps I will try to slowly replace things with water proof versions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment