February 16, 2026

Fan Fest 2026

My buddy Jeremy from University took participation at  Fanfest to another level this year. We have attended as participants a few times and last year he wore his Ghostbuster costume. This year he volunteered at the Ghostbuster booth. I'm sure there are other clubs but the most noticeable to me at the Ghostbuster and Star Wars booths. One day I plan to win the lottery and buy a 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor ambulance for him to restore and transform into Ecto 1 to complete his ensemble. There aren't very many so it I'm sure they aren't cheap and I suspect most are at some stage of transformation.

The other reason I like to go is to check out the R2D2 builds. We are several years into our own build and it's nice to check out one that's already done, both for inspiration and to figure out specific details. We're working on the foot right now and I needed to know which parts were aluminum as well as how the hoses came together. The best part of the day was realizing that I had already over engineered our hoses and they were going to look better than the ones I was looking at. There is no 'accurate' version of R2 but we are aiming for it to pass as looking screen accurate.


No comments:

Post a Comment