Callie asked me if I wanted to attend the Phoebe Bridgers laser show at the planetarium and I was immediately onboard. Time with Callie plus the planetarium. I didn't actually know what a Phoebe was but I assume she was born after Friends first aired and Callie likes her music so I was probably going to find it at least somewhat good. She was releasing a new album and the laser show was an opportunity to hear it before it formally comes out. I've been to the planetarium before to see shows and it was effectively a movie projection onto a curved screen though it is a very complicated looking projector.As it turned out there were actually a few options to go to. One was likely what I was expecting, with songs played while looking at star related things and the other was a laser show which I've never actually been to. It's an older technology and I guess Phoebe used to go with her parents so she wanted to recreate that nostalgia. It's purely performed with lasers though they use the lasers to create what I would characterize as stick figures. The imagery aligned with the music and I'm sure if I smoked pot it would have been a next level experience. I still enjoyed it though.


No comments:
Post a Comment