July 11, 2011

The Big Trip - Part I

This year we (I) decided it was time to embark on a grand trip across western Canada. When I was young we would often make the trek from Prince George to Saskatchewan to visit my aunts. Since I moved to the Lower Mainland this trip became much more daunting and kids certainly don't help. Now that Carter is almost three though I figured it was time we gave it a shot. Our plan is to hit Prince George, Edmonton, Kindersley, Saskatoon, Major, Calgary and Oliver. Almost 4000km.
Luckily our first leg is the longest so it should be a breeze after that. Surrey to Prince George started off a bit rocky with Carter having a meltdown just outside of Chilliwack because Callie took a cheese cracker from the full box that he was was eating. We solved this by giving them each a bag of nacho chips but he started crying again 10 minutes later saying that he wanted Callie to give the cracker back. (He doesn't forget.) As you can see from the picture above he was all cried out by the time we hit Clinton.

Due to our late start from the flat tire the day earlier we had to stop in Quesnel for dinner. Callie enjoyed looking for the painted fire hydrants. As long as we can keep her from tormenting her brother we should be okay for the rest of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment