I had an unnerving case of Dejavu on Friday as we headed to the River Rock Casino for Reg's 65th birthday. Corey, Carmen, Ronnie, Kerry and myself all pitched in for a one night stay for Barb and Reg. When I walked in the room I felt like I'd been there before but couldn't remember when, which was a bit worrying. Then I realized that we'd done the same thing for Reg's 60th. Apparently 5 years is long enough for me to only vaguely recall events.
The whole family met in the room before dinner where the kids took full advantage of the free house keeping and trashed the room like rock stars. The picture on the left is of Callie and her cousin Kristen who is almost two. They both have the same birthday and are starting to look very similar. Callie's new cousin is due September 6th so there is a slight chance that she could end up on Carter's Birthday. I'm calling the papers if that happens. I'm sure the local news would love a fluff piece with pictures of cute kids.
Uncle Ronnie and Uncle Corey were busy corrupting Carter before heading down to dinner. I'm not certain I should let them take Carter on any unsupervised fishing trips.
Dinner was an amazing buffet paid for by Barb and Reg. The adults were a bit pricey but the kids only had to pay one dollar for each year old. (Barb didn't even lie about their ages it was so cheap.) The menu included shrimp and crab legs, roast, sushi and a dessert table as long as a bus.
The Casino also has an amazing pool with a full sized water slide. Callie wasn't quite ready for it but Kerry managed to convince Carter to go with her. Unfortunately he may be traumatized for a few years as she couldn't keep his head above water when she landed. Kristen had much better luck with Uncle Corey.
I can't wait to do it all again in 5 years time.
No comments:
Post a Comment