Technically I didn't lose anyone, she ran away. But I'll get to that in a minute. Last Thursday, Callie's class went on a field trip to Science World. I signed up but indicated I would meet the group there because I was working downtown that day. I was just expecting a cheap entry into Science World but I got assigned Callie and two of her friends to look after. This is a bit of an issue for me because I don't really know anyone in Callie's class and these two girls looked very similar to two other pairs of girls which instilled a moment of panic as I tried to figure out how I was going to keep track of them.
After some very quick thinking I decided on the tactic of "Okay girls. Let's follow Callie!" I figured I should be able to keep track of Callie at least. Now for the running away story. At the start the girls were all very well behaved and stuck close but as the excitement of the day got to them they started being a little bit more adventurous. We came across an exhibit where you went in one door, a flash went off illuminating your shadow on a wall and you walked out the exit. We all ran in but one of the girls ran out the other door right away. I chased after her but she had high tailed it out of sight by the time I got out.
I grabbed the other girls and we started a search. (Without Callie helping I barely knew who I was looking for.) Luckily she finally realized we weren't running with her anymore and she found one of the other parents who quickly located our group. The whole ordeal was only a few minutes but I suspect it's not quite like the Simpsons where it's okay to come back with fewer kids.
For $5.00 we got to check out all the exhibits, (Except the Omnimax) and got a lab session on magnets. A fun time but next time I'm bringing leashes.
No comments:
Post a Comment