I actually have two favourite Nurseries. The original Art Knapps in Surrey and the Port Kells Nursery. The Art Knapps has miniature trains, birds and an amazing selection but Port Kells is a great family owned operation not far from our house. We typically go to Art Knapps if we're in the area and are looking for something unusual but Port Kells is our go to place for most of our seedlings. They also let me dump dirt there so as I replace retaining walls and older gardens it's out with the old and in with the new. I think I've probably taken two dozen loads there by now.
One of the highlights for the kids is the chickens. They usually have bread available for feeding and it's quite spooky watching 100+ chickens follow you back and forth. If you get there early enough or go on a week day you can get farm fresh eggs. Our house seems to go through more eggs then a Denny's so I think it would be a great investment to set up a home coop. Our yard is great for it. We could tuck them away in the back corner and I'm sure Wilson would love them. Kerry's not a fan however so for now I'll have to settle for visiting Port Kells.
A new highlight from last year is the goat pen. There's a play area and some holes in the fence so that you can feed them. This year there are four baby goats. I don't have any aspirations to be a goat farmer however so Kerry doesn't have to worry.
If you do live anywhere near Surrey I highly recommend this place. It's family owned and continues to expand. It's got lot's of indoor plants and the prices are very reasonable.
No comments:
Post a Comment