This year we went back to Oliver for Easter. I didn't come last year because we had just come back from Maui and I had had enough family time but this year there were a few weeks in between so I made the trip. A good thing too since Barb and Reg are always right on the ball with some very well prepared and tasty meals. We weren't even going to come this year since Barb and Reg had just been down to visit with us but Callie and Carter insisted on coming so that we could do the annual Easter Egg hunt.
Things got off to a rough start when Callie discovered some weird goo in the bottom of her Easter basket but we got lucky because they decided to do the different age groups at different times which meant they could share the same basket. Carter went first and if I was a more competitive parent he would have found the sacred golden egg which results in a bigger prize. I gave him hints but didn't rush him. The egg was discovered at the next tree we were going to check.
I attempted to cheat with Callie by using my zoom lense on the camera to find the golden egg before the race to the hunting grounds started, however I couldn't quite find it and it wouldn't have mattered anyways since Callie was in the 8-12 group and a 12 year old ran ahead and found it in seconds.
I guess we're coming back for at least another 4 years so she can keep trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment