The festival was being held at Bear Creek park which isn't too far from our house so it was a quick drive. We arrived around 9:00a and weren't leaving until 1:30p so we had plenty of time. Our first trip was to face painting. I had four boys with me and the line up was short so it seemed like the best time to go. Carter got a Minecraft character on the right hand side of his face. The others got a sword, a Minecraft square and a brick wall. (I still have no idea what the brick wall was about.) We finished off our face painting experience at the heritage booth where they got some traditional moustaches.
Other events included clay making, a giant sandbox, getting dressed up as a firefighter, getting into a police car, sidewalk chalk, henna hand painting, a card board box fort, story time and circus time. We finished most events before noon and I was worried we would be bored in the afternoon but story time used up at least an hour and allowed me to get a small nap. We had one minor issue at the box fort when I lost a kid. None of us realized there were two exits. We quickly found him though since he was smart enough to stay where he was. Circus time was fun as well though Carter needs to practice his stilts.
No comments:
Post a Comment