February 18, 2018

Sledding at Cypres

We don't get a lot of snow in Vancouver however we are only a 30 minute drive to the local ski hills so we try to go at least once per year. We attempted a trip last year but were a bit late getting on the road and the mountain was full by the time we got there. This year we were much more careful about understanding what time the mountain opened. The mountain wasn't technically full last year however there was no more parking up top which meant we would have had to shuttle up which is a bit of pain with smaller kids and your sleds.
Our annual tradition is to go with the Kilden's. Ryan isn't a big kid but I'm pretty amazed at how long he lasts walking up and down. This year he outlasted both Callie and Carter who got a bit bored and went to the snack shack early. (I was there too.) Next year I want to do tubing instead. I've never been and neither have the kids and I think if we bring some of their friends they will last a lot longer. The tube parks are great because they include a lift and the tubes are much more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment