Every year I mention to the family that we should go to the annual fireworks in Vancouver and every year we are either out of town or Kerry is concerned about the crowds. The fireworks I'm speaking of are a series of 3 or 4 events on Wednesday's and Saturday's in late July and early August. Fireworks companies from different countries compete for the best show. The fireworks are set to music and typically last about 20 minutes. As for the crowds, Kerry does have a bit of a point. There can be between 400,000 and 600,000 people all crowded on to a few key beaches in downtown Vancouver.
What made this year different was that Kerry was out of town for the weekend and I was in charge of the kids. A few timely suggestions and everyone was on board with taking the skytrain downtown to watch the fireworks. We tried to get there in time to see some stunt planes but were a little late. I had no idea what a good location was so we wandered till we found a nice green lawn in front of an apartment building. There was one tree a bit in our way but it did not diminish our experience. We weren't able to make the next two shows but I think we will try again next year. It was quite spectacular.


No comments:
Post a Comment