July 23, 2023

Callie's Car Accident

Sporty go in its second car accident this spring. The first was a few years ago when it was side swiped while parked out on the street. This one was when Callie was driving home from school. It was a bit wet and the traffic was stop and go. She didn't do anything wrong and had just slowed due to traffic in front of her. The car behind her rear ended her. There wasn't too much damage to Sporty as we have a hitch which took the brunt of the hit but it did mean that several panels had to be replaced. The cost was more than I would have expected but I guess it's easier to just replace the entire panel rather than try to fix one.

The car that hit her took most of the damage. I felt sorry for the driver as he was a student at Callie's school and was working on the car himself. It ended up taking quite a bit of damage due to the hitch. When it happened Callie pulled over and then both drivers phoned their parents. I was at home just a few blocks away so I hopped on my bike to go and help. It took a bit to find her as she had sent me to the slightly wrong location but I did eventually get there. Our car was fine to drive but it was questionable for the other vehicle. He lived nearby so I followed him home to make sure he made it. Damage is all fixed on our car now. Sporty has lived a hard life. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment