I think if they had started at Jack Poole Plaza it would have been more of a formal march and having all those fans walking down Georgia Street would have been an amazing sight. After the 'gathering' I headed towards Jack Poole Plaza again. Due to security fences I got to walk around False Creek by the Plaza of Nations and through Yaletown. This is another wonderful area of Vancouver that would be a great place to retire though I wouldn't be able to have a shop so maybe not. The game didn't go as well for Canada losing 2-1 to Switzerland but we still made it to the knockout round for the first time ever. Go Canada!
This blog is intended for friends and family of Evan, Kerry, Callie, Carter and Oliver.
June 24, 2026
FIFA World Cup - Canada vs Switzerland
After the excitement of the first Canada game in Vancouver I decided I would attempt to replicate that feeling by trying to attend the second Canada game. This game was at noon so I had to cut out of work during the day but my meetings allowed it and I'm sure I'll make up the time. This time I decided I would attempt to find the Canada March to the Match. After a bit of research I realized it was different than the New Zealand game and I was a bit disappointed at how it was organized. It started only a few blocks away from Science World so it was less of a march and more of a group gathering.
I think if they had started at Jack Poole Plaza it would have been more of a formal march and having all those fans walking down Georgia Street would have been an amazing sight. After the 'gathering' I headed towards Jack Poole Plaza again. Due to security fences I got to walk around False Creek by the Plaza of Nations and through Yaletown. This is another wonderful area of Vancouver that would be a great place to retire though I wouldn't be able to have a shop so maybe not. The game didn't go as well for Canada losing 2-1 to Switzerland but we still made it to the knockout round for the first time ever. Go Canada!
I think if they had started at Jack Poole Plaza it would have been more of a formal march and having all those fans walking down Georgia Street would have been an amazing sight. After the 'gathering' I headed towards Jack Poole Plaza again. Due to security fences I got to walk around False Creek by the Plaza of Nations and through Yaletown. This is another wonderful area of Vancouver that would be a great place to retire though I wouldn't be able to have a shop so maybe not. The game didn't go as well for Canada losing 2-1 to Switzerland but we still made it to the knockout round for the first time ever. Go Canada!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment