The project I'm on at work right now is quite big with a large team and it's in the home stretch so a team building event was arranged. I'm not sure whose idea it was but they decided on curling. It's not a bad idea since most people are on the same playing level but it's definitely not the safest. Our sheet managed to stay upright but the sheet next to us had one person fall four times. Hard. I've curled before but only ever for a single game in a season so I have no skill. We had one player on our sheet who had played a season so she could at least throw the rocks close to correct. We took turns skipping and played three ends. They stole one on us for two ends and then I skipped the third end and threw the tying rock to the 8 foot. Would have been to the button if I had better sweepers. It was the only rock I threw that I knew in advance I had to get right and the fact that it was to tie the game on our last end made it even more exciting. Still not planning on taking up curling though.

No comments:
Post a Comment