May 23, 2011

Callie's First Dance Recital

On Saturday I got to attend Callie's first dance recital and I'll be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to it. Sitting through four hours of kids hopping around stage so that I could see Callie for approximately 3 minutes was not my idea of fun. I did end up being presently surprised however. The entire event was themed around Alice in Wonderland and it wasn't just little kids. The teachers as well as some other semi-professional dancers were also involved. The music was also a very good mix with quite a few current chart songs which made it enjoyable as well. Overall I felt the event was very well done.
Callie started a bit slow mainly because the girl beside her stopped right in front of her at the beginning and it threw her off for a few steps. After that she did really great and you could tell which steps she liked the most. I went with Kerry and my mom and they both bought her flowers along with one of her friends mom. I was very impressed about how Callie did in front of such a big crowed. I don't think they can see much up there with the bright lights but she seemed to really enjoy being on stage. My favourite part was probably when all the dancers were on stage for the final scene and they moved to Katy Perry's "Firework". Callie was jumping higher then everyone.
If all these things are as good as this I won't mind watching her for years to come. (Once a year of course.)

You can view the Callie's Dance Recital Performance on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment