Today the family participated in the Child Development Center Run for the Kids. This was our fourth year participating and for the second year in a row Carter didn't fit into his shirt. Paired with the band-aid over his eye where he ran into the bed, we got a lot of smiles and sympathetic looks. I think it's because Carter's so small people think he's in need of the Centers services. Hopefully next year he at least fits into the kids small.
There are three options for the event and it only costs $20.00. There is a 2k around the track, a 5k and a 10k and all proceeds go directly to the center as everything is donated. Kerry was doing the 5k again this year and I did the 2k with the kids. Or at least I attempted to do the 2k with the kids. Callie wasn't too happy about Kerry leaving so I had to carry her the whole way. Carter was a trooper and probably would have walked the entire way but I was getting tired so I carried him for the last 600m. Carrying 40-65lbs for 2k was all the workout I needed this weekend.
For the $20.00 we got a great deal. (Even greater because the kids were free.) We got a pancake breakfast, a shirt, balloon animals, Ronald McDonald high fives, lunch and face painting. The balloon animals were quite amazing. Carter got an elephant and Callie chose a lady bug. This will be an event we participate in for a long time to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment