January 15, 2014

Sledding at Cypress

Finally, my first real post of 2014. I must say I got quite behind last year. I'll try to be more timely this year. I wanted to get caught up before our trip to Disneyland this coming weekend.

We took a trip up to Cypress mountain at the beginning of January. As you can see the hills aren't getting a lot of snow this year. Most of the runs at Cypress aren't even open and the sledding area was about 25% of what it was last year. We went in February last year so maybe things will be better by Family Day.
Carter's favourite sled is the flying saucer and based on the sleds I saw at the hill that day, still one of the most effective. He was making it to the end of the hill every time and sometimes I'd introduce a bit of spin at the top when I got him started. He was also getting pretty good at controlling his speed with his feet.
Callie had a blast with the crazy carpet. I think she likes that she can control where she's going yet still get up enough speed to make it fun. Most of the day she went down on her stomach which I think is the way it's designed, however one of the Cypress people stopped her for a few runs as he felt it wasn't 'safe'. I can sort of understand because she's going head first but she's so low to the ground I think it's almost safer. As soon as he was gone we went back to the old method.
This was another outing with Kristen and Ryan. Kristen had a flying saucer too and she squealed the entire way down every single time. We also had to be careful with her because she had no speed control and was going right to the net at the bottom unless someone stopped her. The funniest thing was her toque that would go down over her eyes on every run so she had no idea where she was going.

No comments:

Post a Comment