In June of this year I got to go to a conference for work. The city of Bellevue Washington wasn't really my first choice but the topic was very relevant to what I do at work and it was a good opportunity to learn some topics that will be required for future projects. There were four of us going from various areas of the company so to save money we took one of our company cars and drove down together. It's only about a two hour drive and it was a good opportunity to get to know a few of my colleagues. We arrived on Sunday evening and the conference schedule started right away with a meet and greet at the bar in the lobby. I stayed for a bit but one of my colleagues and I were hungry so we went to the Cheesecake Factory. I know it's useful having the calorie count listed beside your food but quite frankly I would rather not see the calorie count listed beside a slice of cheesecake. Thankfully I was able to ignore it.
I won't bore you with the details of the conference since even Kerry doesn't know what I do. The hotel that hosted was well suited to a conference and the bulk of the space was booked for us. It's near Redmond Washington which is where Microsoft and several other Information Technology companies are based. The area felt like a university campus. Lot's of your people, pubs and restaurants. I wandered around a bit but didn't do the usual tourist stuff I typically do for a conference since we come to Seattle often. The highlight of the conference evenings was when they set up a casino. We spent the night playing poker. No money but we could change our chips in for raffle tickets. A fun week.


No comments:
Post a Comment