My cousin Jesse is one of those people who I think has trouble explaining to people exactly what it is he does. His profession appears to be a professor at a university in California and either through that or through past jobs he has the opportunity to do some pretty interesting things. From taking pictures in the dead of winter in the Yukon to art shows across North America.
I caught up with him in Vancouver with his 'Marching Cubes' show. I don't write professionally about art so I won't be able to use fancy words like organic or symmetry but I will say it was an art show I was looking forward to.
Marching cubes is a series of 3D printed blocks that fit together in specific ways and connect via magnets. With about a half dozen forms and hundreds of blocks every installation is a bit different. The one I saw had 3 human forms that Jesse toppled as the show went on. Everything came apart spectacularly with minimal breakage and the kids on hand had fun playing with the results. Adults had fun too.


No comments:
Post a Comment