December 27, 2019

Callie Meets Dave

This year Callie was in grade nine which meant it was her turn for 'Take Your Kid to Work" day. Callie of course had the option of either Kerry or myself and since she had spent 8 years at work with Kerry I was able to convince her that she would learn more and have more fun if she came to my work. Kerry wasn't happy but reluctantly agreed. BC Hydro is a big company and I'm at one of the home offices so they had events already prepared. We started the day by taking the bus and the sky train to work. I wasn't surprised when security said they didn't know what was going on. After a bit of convincing I managed to get a pass for Callie to come to my desk.
The plan was to spend an hour at my desk doing boring things like checking e-mail and meeting co-workers before sending her to BC Hydro baby sitting where she got to go on several 45 minute tours of various parts of the company. The highlight of the morning was the magical coffee machine on my floor that has an LCD display and will make everything from espresso to to milk hot chocolate. We also stopped by Starbucks in our building. The next highlight was getting introduced to Dave who is the social media spokesman for BC Hydro. Just a regular BC Hydro employee who has his face all over BC. We got a powerpoint presentation on how he got his job and then Callie went off on her tours for the morning. I think she liked the Geomatics and Fleet tours the most. She even met up with a friend from elementary school. Lunch was provided and included pizza and a cookie and we got to have our picture taken with Dave. Callie had a great day and Carter can't wait for his turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment