This blog is intended for friends and family of Evan, Kerry, Callie, Carter and Oliver.
December 22, 2024
Kiwi's in Canada
Technically they aren't Kiwi's since one was born in England and the other in Canada but they've both lived in New Zealand for almost more of their life then they lived in their home country so we'll call them Kiwi's. Emily and I went to University together in Prince George and she moved to New Zealand a few years later. The last time she was back in town was over 10 years ago. Her partner has lived in New Zealand even longer. Emily had created a world tour where she went to Japan, UK and Canada and we met them in Vancouver. I was amazed at how much her partner was amazed by the heights of our buildings. The first day I met them at their hotel in Richmond and gave them a ride downtown to meet Peter. We didn't have a specific plan but there is always lots to do there, especially for someone who has never been. We walked around downtown and took a look at the buildings of course and then headed to Gas Town to check out the steam clock. The time was wrong but the 15 minute whistle was right on schedule. We then went to the German Christmas market. Fun being a tourist in our own town.I then attempted to give them a car tour of Stanley Park followed by Science World. Unfortunately my tourism knowledge is limited and I mistook a statue of a running man as Terry Fox. The unfortunate part was that the statue had two lets so I was called on it immediately. If only it had been another one legged runner. It did inspire me on a new business model. Giving alternate reality tours of local cities. Maybe when I retire. Maybe someday I'll make it to New Zealand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment