This blog is intended for friends and family of Evan, Kerry, Callie, Carter and Oliver.
December 22, 2024
PNE 2024
This year Carter was old enough to apply to work at the PNE at the end of August. He surprised us by doing the application on his own without any prompting from us. He was short listed and after a quick teams interview followed by an on site trial for a corporate event he was hired. He managed to get the position he was most interested in which was games attendant. The commute was a bit of work for Kerry and I as we took turns picking up and dropping him off with some help from one of his friends parents who was also working there. The only bad commute was when a dump truck overturned on Highway 1 and it took me four hours to get home.He seemed to enjoy the experience though I don't think he actually had a chance to interact with anyone. He would show up each shift 30 minutes early, get assigned a different game and then he was on his own. Each shift was about 8 hours total. There were no complaints as far as we know and he managed Callie and I nicely when we went to visit him one evening. Callie and I also checked out the super dogs when we were there. This time they were in the old horse show building and not the Coliseum. I think the reason was that this year they needed the Coliseum for the evening shows as they are redoing the outdoor theatre which should be done by next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment