This blog is intended for friends and family of Evan, Kerry, Callie, Carter and Oliver.
July 21, 2025
Parent's Come to Town
My parents were in town for a few days in July. They try to come down at least once a year and for this weekend it happened to be on Kerry's birthday and she happened to be out of town with Callie. This left Carter and I to find something interesting to do. It turned out that there was a Roughriders game on the Saturday and my Dad is a big fan so we planned the day around that event. We took the Skytrain down to Science World and then got a water taxi to Granville Island. We wandered around and had lunch and then took the water taxi across the way to Yaletown and then walked to BC Place. Sometimes it's hard to recognize interesting things in your own town but this excursion would be interesting wherever I were to visit. The water taxi are easy to get tickets for and False Creek is a great view of downtown. There are also marina's with some very expensive vessels. Granville Island is world class and the walk through Yaletown is scenic as well. We got to the game with plenty of time and this time I was able to take my Dad to a game where his team won. I recall taking him to a Montreal Canadians game once and they were down 5-0 in the first period. aThe next day we took a quick trip down to Historic Stewart Farm to show my parents. I think I've taken my Mom there before but possibly not my Dad. They enjoyed the visit and Mom was interested to hear that I had taken her mom's raspberries and propagated them and built a trellis to keep them in check. I've been pretty busy lately but the raspberries are one item I make sure to keep up with. It was fun creating the trellis and then each year I have to make sure to weed them in the spring and then cut out the old canes and ensure everything is tied up in the fall. They are only a few years old and there is 24 feet from just 4 plants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment