The first weekend for our Christmas Tree farm at Dogwood was November 25th/26th. We like to make sure we go the first weekend because they have a limited number of trees and will sometimes close after only the first few days. The weather was perfect for getting a tree as it was below zero meaning that the ground was frozen and not muddy. We tend to search the same area every year though I really feel we should just get one of the trees that are already cut. They were a bit small this year so we ended up cutting our own. I was mildly annoyed with the family as I have to crawl in the dirt to do the cutting and all they have to do is lean the tree in a way that the way doesn't bind. They failed this year.

We've been cutting our tree here for several years but I'm irritated at the inflation price. We were up to $20 a foot for our preferred tree type. Noble or Fraser Fir. We like these because they have lots of areas for hanging decorations. $20 is getting pretty steep especially since we have a vaulted ceiling and can handle a 9 foot tree. I was able to lean the tree a bit and Kerry knows the person doing the measuring so she was able to distract him. We ended up with an 8 1/2 foot tree. At $170, those $69 dollar trees at Rona are looking more appealing. I'm still in favour of a real tree but at these prices we could get one of those auto-raising trees from Costco.
This year we named our tree Katniss Evergreen in honour of the latest Hunger Games movie that was out just before Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment