Funny story about getting the tickets. They went on sale at 10:00a and I was initially in the queue. After about 5 minutes I got let in and there were not very many blue dots left. I selected some tickets in the front row and purchased assuming they were available because someone else had dropped them. We arrived at the arena and it turns out the tickets were in the handicapped section. Nothing during the purchase indicated this was the case and we weren't the only people to make the mistake. The seats were very nice though. They had chairs for us and there was plenty of room with no one immediately behind us. The game itself was okay. 125 to 104 for the Kings so not the outcome we would have hoped for. I watched basketball more in the 90's where it wasn't typical to see such high scores. Lots of three pointers and not much defence. There were quite a few empty seats until about half time. Not sure why you would buy tickets to a game like this and not show up on time. The half time show was the cheerleaders and a giant blow up Raptor costume. Overall it was a good experience. Carter got another jersey and I think we would probably go regularly if the tickets were reasonable and we get a team again.
This blog is intended for friends and family of Evan, Kerry, Callie, Carter and Oliver.
December 30, 2023
Raptors Game n Vancouver
In early October the Raptor's had an exhibition game against the Sacramento Kings. Vancouver once had its own team, The Grizzlies, but they only lasted a few years. I was listening to some people talk about them and they made a good point, that their timing for Vancouver wasn't very good. I think if a team was added today they would probably do okay with a lot of corporate sponsorship available and a different demographic. It would also help that the Seattle Sonics have since left so there is not team in the upper west.
Funny story about getting the tickets. They went on sale at 10:00a and I was initially in the queue. After about 5 minutes I got let in and there were not very many blue dots left. I selected some tickets in the front row and purchased assuming they were available because someone else had dropped them. We arrived at the arena and it turns out the tickets were in the handicapped section. Nothing during the purchase indicated this was the case and we weren't the only people to make the mistake. The seats were very nice though. They had chairs for us and there was plenty of room with no one immediately behind us. The game itself was okay. 125 to 104 for the Kings so not the outcome we would have hoped for. I watched basketball more in the 90's where it wasn't typical to see such high scores. Lots of three pointers and not much defence. There were quite a few empty seats until about half time. Not sure why you would buy tickets to a game like this and not show up on time. The half time show was the cheerleaders and a giant blow up Raptor costume. Overall it was a good experience. Carter got another jersey and I think we would probably go regularly if the tickets were reasonable and we get a team again.
Funny story about getting the tickets. They went on sale at 10:00a and I was initially in the queue. After about 5 minutes I got let in and there were not very many blue dots left. I selected some tickets in the front row and purchased assuming they were available because someone else had dropped them. We arrived at the arena and it turns out the tickets were in the handicapped section. Nothing during the purchase indicated this was the case and we weren't the only people to make the mistake. The seats were very nice though. They had chairs for us and there was plenty of room with no one immediately behind us. The game itself was okay. 125 to 104 for the Kings so not the outcome we would have hoped for. I watched basketball more in the 90's where it wasn't typical to see such high scores. Lots of three pointers and not much defence. There were quite a few empty seats until about half time. Not sure why you would buy tickets to a game like this and not show up on time. The half time show was the cheerleaders and a giant blow up Raptor costume. Overall it was a good experience. Carter got another jersey and I think we would probably go regularly if the tickets were reasonable and we get a team again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment