December 30, 2023

Hallmark Christmas Town

On November 26th I sent an Instagram post about Martini village to Callie and walked into the family room to tell Kerry about it. Somehow this was forgotten and I get no credit for suggesting we go check out Martini village in Abbotsford. It's a fake movie town set up for filming Hallmark movies complete with store fronts and a gazebo. This year they decorated it with Christmas lights, had food trucks and hot chocolate and you paid an entry fee of $26. I spent most of the time knocking on things to see how real things were. There was a stone bridge on the way in that was just wood painted to look like concrete. I'll have to ask how they keep it water proof.

The streets were all paved with asphalt and concrete and the buildings all had window scenes despite only being a few feet wide. They supported everything with wood telephone poles from the back. There was also a few food trucks and a craft market. On our way out we saw Corey and the family. Corey insisted it wasn't his idea to be there. Carter had his first brisket on a bun and was very happy he ordered it. I went with the pork ribs. I don't think we'd want to go here every year but it's definitely an interesting experience. Lots of photo opportunities and even some fake snow flowing from the roof tops. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment