'Rise of the Resistance' was still down so we started land hopping and went over to do the 'Jungle Cruise' and then 'Toon Town' where we managed to get a picture with Peg Leg Pete. This is the first time I've ever seen him as a character for photos. He was in front of 'Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad' which is a new ride in 'Toon Town' that we first rode in Orlando. When we were at Disneyland last time, 'Toon Town' was completely closed and now it had a nice new look. For this trip though we have Haunted Mansion, Pooh Bear, Splash Mountain all closed which feels like a lot to be closed all at once.
We finished Toon Town with the coaster before doing It's a Smallworld and Indiana Jones and then we headed back to the pool. The pool was way busier than any I've been to despite it being quite a bit larger. I think there are at least three main pools with multiple hot tubs and you have to check in when you arrive to get a wrist bracelet so they can make sure you are staying at the hotel. The bracelet allow you to order food easily and charge to your room which we definitely did not do. Drinks were $18 and everything was equally expensive. I think prices have doubled since we were here just a decade ago.For dinner we went to the Lamplight Lounge which used to be Arial's Grotto. We weren't super hungry so most of us just ordered appetizers and we were not disappointed. Kerry and Melissa had the lobster nachos and they said they were quite possibly the best nachos they had ever had. Callie and I had the potato skins which surprising did not have any skins at all. They were essentially hash browns that I think had been marinated in something before being formed into patties and deep fried. They were the best potato skins without potato skins that I have ever had. We went to Ghirardelli for desert before I headed back to the room. This blog is intended for friends and family of Evan, Kerry, Callie, Carter and Oliver.
July 21, 2024
Disneyland 2024 - Day 2 - Early Rise Resisted
We're staying at a Disneyland hotel which means that one some days we can enter the park earlier than normal. On Saturday that meant we could get in at 7:30a and some rides were running as soon as we entered the park. We decided to pass some of those rides up and try to get into 'Galaxy's Edge' to do 'Rise of the Resistance'. This is definitely one of our favorite rides but it was closed all day on Friday. This was likely the best chance we were ever going to have of being near the front of the line because we were at the closest entrance at rope drop. Unfortunately it was closed on Saturday morning as well. We salvaged things by going on 'Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run' which is good and on our list but it's usually pretty easy to get on so it seemed like a bit of a waste of our early morning. Carter and Kerry were in the pilots seats, Callie and Melissa were gunners and I filled in the engineering role with the last seat empty. When steering, one goes up and down and one goes left and right. Carter was very unhappy with Kerry's flight skills and I think he wanted to throw her out an airlock by the time the ride was over. I think they score your flight but I didn't bother looking. It didn't seem good based on the rough ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment