July 24, 2024

Disneyland 2024 - Day 4 - A Long Day at Disneyland

It was our last day at Disneyland and for timing and financial reasons our plan was to not have a hotel room for the evening so we were going to have a very long day. It started with early opening at California Adventure where everyone but Callie and I went on the Guardian's ride. It's too uppy-downy for me. Callie and I wandered around the Avengers campus to get coffee and take some pictures. No one goes here first thing in the morning because there aren't really any rides so it was very quiet. Once the group was back together we went on Web Slingers. I hope they have plans for at least one more ride in this area because it's a bit empty. 

We then went over to Cars Land where we considered going on Radiator Springs Racers but it was already a long line up so we did Mater instead. In hindsight we probably should have done cars because the ride times only got longer as the day progressed. We got to Mater just as they were opening the ride so we saw that they do one test ride empty before letting people on. This ride is like the teacups but different. You aren't spinning though you can get some good speed going if you shift your weight just as the trailer is switching from one circle to another. Carter doesn't like that I squish him during this part. 
We then went back to our hotel to pack up and check out before going for what I thought was brunch which technically it was. What I didn't realize was that it was also a character breakfast. I'm okay with the concept of a character breakfast especially for young kids where you want to get pictures with all the characters but as a meal it's kind of irritating. This damn chipmunk kept showing up every few minutes for pictures. Technically it was two different ones but I think we hit shift change so they showed up in quick succession at least 4 times. Everyone has to get up, get pictures and then try to eat. Food was good. 
At some point we went back to Galaxy's Edge. I think the family wanted an ice coffee or something. We walked by Kylo Ren. The evil characters are always fun to interact with because they stay in character which means he's not exactly friendly. I think his phrase was "Move these children out of my way!" His character guards were storm troopers so I feel you were probably safe even if they started shooting. The characters in Galaxy's Edge don't seem to stop in one spot for very long. They just move about and stop for quick pictures. 
We didn't have a hotel room to go back to so we spent the day wandering the park until Kerry and Melissa split off and went to the Blue Bayou. This is a restaurant at the start of the Pirates of the Carribean ride so it's on the river in the ride. The food choices are limited and expensive but Kerry was taking Melissa for her birthday so the kids and I went back to California Adventure for dinner. We tried desperately to find a ride that we could go on and them meet up with them for cars at 10:00p but the tide times were into the 160 minute range which is ludicrous. I headed back to the lobby for a nap while the family tried to close the park.




No comments:

Post a Comment