This blog is intended for friends and family of Evan, Kerry, Callie, Carter and Oliver.
July 6, 2024
The Northern Lights
If you've never seen the Northern Lights in the lower mainland don't worry you didn't technically miss much this past May. Coming from Prince George I can say that I have seen the Northern Lights with my own eyes and they do exists though even in Prince George they were a relatively rare occurrence and the lights I saw felt more like a whisper than the images you see from people farther north. This year there was a lot of news hype about a spectacular event that was going to be visible as far south as Arizona and expectations were high that it would be spectacular. When the night arrived I took my bike to the closest dark area near our house which is the local elementary school.There were already several people wandering around and at first I thought we were all in for a big disappointment. There was the slightest hint of something happening but it was not very clear. That was until I took out my camera and took a picture. Ordinarily when you take pictures on older cameras they don't pick everything up. That is not the case now as they are much more sensitive to dark light photography. I quickly sent the picture to the family and they asked where I was. As they were walking over I think they felt they had missed it but I showed them the camera trick. It was a great Instagram moment if not a great in person moment but that seems to be the case with most things now a days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment