This blog is intended for friends and family of Evan, Kerry, Callie, Carter and Oliver.
July 6, 2024
Work Trip to Victoria
In April I had to be in Victoria for work. It was during the week with an afternoon session on one day and a morning session on the next. This gave me the opportunity to do a few Victoria tourist items that I hadn't done in a long time. The first was a trip to the BC Museum. This is the one that the government has deemed in desperate need of replacement and proposed a 1 billion project. Unfortunately the project was shelved as it was just not palatable to people to have to spend that much. The issue is that it's difficult to continue to retrofit the existing structure and do it incrementally. I hope they sort it out though because it's nice having a high quality museum in BC.Next up was a quick visit to Beacon Hill Park. Apparently this park has two faces and I don't know if I've ever seen both versions at the same time. I started on the hill where I found the familiar peacocks and petting zoo. The peacocks are wild and not part of the zoo and I don't think I would want to get in a fight with one. I also don't know what reason I would have to get into a fight with one but I'm sure they could do something to piss me off. I walked around the petting zoo and through some open meadows and flower gardens and then noticed that it was possible to go up and over a hill towards the ocean.It was at this time that I realized there was another part of the park that seemed familiar to me but I think when I've gone to each side we've parked in different locations and not done both locations at the same time. The ocean portion of the park is quite wild considering it is just a short walk from the parliament buildings. The oceans cliffs have been left natural, there are some totem poles and walking trails to allow you to go right down to the beach. I imagine this would be a fun place to visit during a wind storm. It's nice to see we have so much land in the public domain rather than having houses trying to own their part of the beach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment