May 1, 2020

The Big Pause - Day 50 - April 30 - Cutting the Lawn


I would love to have something more exciting accomplished to title this blog post but 'Cutting the Lawn' is all I've got. April is now behind us and by my count we are now 50 days into this. It seems like forever but in the grand scheme of things is nothing. All the major wars went for years and were much more impact-full than what we've had to deal with. The one similarity though is that there is no specific end in sight. Our leaders throw around dates like 'January' but really no one knows how long this will be. I'll probably feel better once one of the Disney parks opens and remains open for at least 4 weeks. At least then we can start thinking about what kind of vacation we would want to go on so we have something proper to look forward to. The numbers in BC still inch up but most seem to come in batches with facilities like jails or nursing homes. This is a good sign. I actually think BC will be one of the first provinces to open things up like hair salons and restaurants with room to social distance. In the meantime I'll keep cutting the lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment