May 16, 2020

The Big Pause - Day 61 - May 11 - A Close Encounter

The day started very early for Kerry and Callie. They were out the door before 6:00 am to for a photography hike with Pete. This was going to be the last day before the rain started so they wanted to get in some good pictures. Apparently Pete had been talking about going on a bear search which was comical because that's exactly what they found. As you can see by the shot it was a close encounter. It's a good thing there were no cubs because I don't think Pete would have been able to react to a charge though he would get some good pictures before dying.
In the afternoon I had to make a trip to Rona to get string to stake some plants. Rona has gotten a lot better at managing physical distancing. I guess someone complained before I had a chance. They were finally using their outdoor line up and there was about 10 people ahead of me. I had actually tried the day before but there was about 40 people in line and it wasn't worth it for string. As I got to the front a poor couple in front of me found out that they couldn't return the fan they bought. They weren't even allowed to bring it in the store so they had to take it back to their car and get in line again. Rona is not accepting any returns at this time. This is irritating for me as well because I have some light bulbs that were the wrong size that I need to take back. I bought them, got them home to find out they were the wrong size, took them back and realized I could not return them. I finally got my string and took care of staking all the plants before the rain toppled them over.

No comments:

Post a Comment