This blog is intended for friends and family of Evan, Kerry, Callie, Carter and Oliver.
May 16, 2020
The Big Pause - Day 64 - May 14 - Toilet Planter
Kerry got most of the pots planted yesterday and I had to wait until she was done before planting my toilet. We replaced one of our toilets with a better flushing one that used less water and I kept the bowl of the old one as a planter. It's porcelain so I'm assuming it will last as long as any porcelain pot. It's in an out of the way corner so it's not too conspicuous but if you look out into our yard you will see it right away. Kerry had a few plants left over so I put some gravel in the bottom and then added dirt. The gravel makes up for the fact that it's still a toilet and captures just as much water as an ordinary toilet would before it drains. I filled gravel up to the high water mark and the water drained nicely. A bit of dirt, a yellow plant of some kind and my garden has some additional whimsy. I don't have specific plans for more whimsy but if something interesting comes along I won't say no. The bird bath and squirrel picnic table are getting good use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment