May 16, 2020

The Big Pause - Day 62 - May 12 - Rain

We had our first real rain in a few weeks and it rained a lot. At least a couple of inches. That meant it was an inside day for everyone though I will admit the rain died down enough at lunch time to allow for a bike ride. Kerry was home during the day and in between meetings spent some time with Carter making pretzels. He was torn between the 'Bake With Anna' pretzels and the 'Wetzels Pretzels' recipe. He went with Wetzels and did a great job. I was able to honestly say they were the best pretzels I had ever had. That was probably a combination of his execution and the fact that they were fresh.

In the evening I finally got started on the bookshelves for the family room. I've had the plywood for months but had to pause when we needed to replace the fire place. They will be simple cabinets with shaker doors on the bottom and fixed height book shelves going up to the ceiling. I'll also include a charging station for devices. Looking forward to the storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment