May 1, 2020

The Big Pause - Day 47 - April 27 - Fertilizing

Now that the box was constructed I needed to head to Rona to get some paint. I've used grey floor paint for foot traffic applications in the past so that was the tentative plan here as well. This time though I wanted something that was non slip. I figured there was probably floor paint with grit but I only needed a small container and it only came by the gallon. Luckily there was a product that allows you to add grit to any paint. You put on a coat, embed the grit and then do a second coat. Appears to have worked great. This was a simple project but was actually a project I had wanted to do for a while. There are two of these boxes at my gym at work. One is poorly constructed and the other is constructed similar to how I've done this one. I wanted to make one of the well constructed ones.
While I was at Rona I picked up some lawn fertilizer and a few more veggie plants for the garden. My peas didn't come up at all, even though my sweet peas did. I really need to do more research into figuring out what the best time to plant different seeds are. Guessing isn't working out. I wasn't planning on doing lawn fertilizer but with the seeding the grass was various shades of green and just looked bad. Hopefully a quick fertilizer will even things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment