It's Sunday and Callie finished up her second Baby Yoda crochet project. I remain amazed at how quickly she can learn a new skill with just the internet. She taught herself crochet without any guidance from a real person. Baby Yoda is my favorite crochet project of hers so far. She made one for herself and a second one for her friend Caroline. The final touches included a tiny face mask and a wet wipe attached to his hand. I really want to make this my profile picture on Facebook but I don't want to take credit for her work.
I finished up the construction on the box. Cutting the plywood was easy. I just had to pick the dimensions and make sure that they were the same for all associated pieces. After that I created a three tab system of joinery. This way each piece has good support. Initially I thought I was going to have to add internal supports but as it came together I realized it was going to be strong enough with just plywood and screws. A simple hand hold and some glue and it's ready for a paint job. I found some grit to add to the paint to make it non skid. Hopefully it works out as I've never done this before.
No comments:
Post a Comment