It's the weekend again. Time for another physically distant shopping trip. Some friends of ours asked me to build one of those boxes that you jump up onto for exercise. After some research I've also discovered there are a number of psychometric exercises you can do with it. I needed some Baltic Birch plywood and luckily Windsor Plywood is still open. I'm still not clear on what places are closed. I wasn't sure what to expect and it seems they have interpreted physical distancing as doing your shopping for you. All the aisles are closed and you just ask them to get what you want.
I managed to get what I needed and headed home to build what is effectively just a box but of course I had to make it more complicated. More on that tomorrow when I finish assembly. I spent most of the afternoon on construction and in between steps I helped Carter with another baking project. He found a cake he wanted to try in the "Baking with Anna" cookbook. It's a sponge cake with cream cheese icing and Strawberry's mixed with strawberry jam. She really knows her recipes. There always seems to be an extra step or some extra ingredients but once it comes together you see why. The lemon juice and cream cheese in the icing was delicious and the strawberry jam really adds to the strawberry layer. The only thing we've noticed with her cookbook is that she seems to underestimate the cook time. We think she may have a more advanced oven or perhaps our oven is just a little on the cool side. We will definitely be making this again.
No comments:
Post a Comment