April 24, 2020

The Big Pause - Day 42 - April 22 - Spring Rain, Tires and Garbage Day

It was raining today and it was the most rain we've had in several weeks. I was glad to finally have a good spring rain and I think the plants were too. Some of the plants like the Peonies, Bleeding Heart and and Lily of the Valley grew several inches. The combination of light, warmth and water must have been a strong sign. I haven't had a chance to fertilize the grass so it's a bit patchy, especially with the areas where I've reseeded. They are quite green while other areas aren't quite as full. Still looking good considering there was a pool sized patch missing just a few weeks ago.
The other excitement of the day started early. I had attempted to drop the car off for a change a few weeks ago but they were only taking appointments and nothing was available so we had our summer tires sitting at our front door waiting. We've got the summer tires on but no where to go.

It was also garbage day. The front yard garden pile is almost done. One more week and I can finally clean the front driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment