April 13, 2020

The Big Pause - Day 32 - April 12 - Easter Sunday

It's Easter Sunday and for the first time in  many years we were not in Oliver for Easter. Somehow the Easter Bunny knew we weren't there and managed to hide eggs for the kids. She put the order in to Purdy's chocolate just in time for Easter. Surprisingly, Purdy's is not providing any sort of break on shipping. Most companies are shipping for free above a certain amount but I guess they are already well established on the delivery side of things.
Even though we weren't having family over for dinner we till planned on having a big family dinner. Kerry made the Turkey, stuffing. potatoes, carrots and gravy and Callie made buns and a cheesecake for desert. We had dinner early around 4:30 because our plan was to deliver COVID Easter packages to all the people who are in quarantine alone. Kerry was careful in packaging the food and we delivered it all in paper bags and dropped it off on peoples doorsteps via no contact delivery with the 'Schuber Eats' delivery service. The package included food, chocolate and of course a roll of toilet paper. Although this wasn't exactly following the strict 'stay at home' rule we felt it was important to make sure everyone got a turkey dinner and to be honest, it's unlikely we're going to solve COVID completely anytime soon. We're going to have to sort out ways of interacting with people in a low risk, low contact way. We might be doing this for the next 12 to 18 months.
In the evening I finished up putting the mantle back together and getting it painted. It's always been white and I just had to add a 2 inch riser on it so it was a pretty easy job. I went with spray paint for painting which allowed me to touch up some old nicks and scratches and paint the riser. My shop is not exactly a good place to do spray painting but if I blow all the dust to one side of the shop and cover things in the immediate area and then have the air filter running I'm able to get an okay finish. It's much easier to spray something like this rather than paint all the nooks and crannies.

No comments:

Post a Comment