My big project for the day was getting our mantle re-installed. We had to remove it when we had the fireplace installed and I needed to raise it up by three inches because the new fire place was a bit bigger. I also had to make a new hearth. The old one was tile and we will eventually go with no hearth at all when we replace our floor but in the meantime a simple wooden hearth painted the same colour will do. I'm glad to finally have this thing out of my garage. It was sitting on my work bench and preventing me from doing anything else. Now I can work on the new shelves on either side.While I was working on the mangle, the ret of the family took a trip to Krispy Kreme. I'm not sure exactly what prompted this. I think someone Kerry knows went recently. There is only one in Western Canada and they do have some different donuts so it gave us something to do to break up the monotony. For dinner Callie made her Gnocchi soup and I attempted pork ribs again. I didn't get them started soon enough so they weren't done as well as I would prefer. We only cooked half so I have another half to try again.

No comments:
Post a Comment