April 5, 2020

The Big Pause - Day 24 - April 4 - Night At the Movies

The weekend started like any other Saturday. Even though we are all home most of the time now we still plan on treating the weekends like weekends. One of the items on my to do list is to try to deal with my new front yard friend. I usually have some crazy backyard project going on with the neighbors wondering what I'm doing and this year looks similar except there is no major project. All I did was clean up the garden beds and rake up underneath the cedar trees in our back yard and I ended up with a dump truck load of debris.
My task for today was to try to get the large pieces cut down so they would fit in our green bin. I could probably take it all to the dump but there is a charge and I'm not even sure if they are accepting residential right now. Ordinarily you can put out extra cans but right now they are only picking up the ones the truck will automatically load. This means I'm able to get one bin out a week. Should take about a month though I'm trying to hurry things along by putting stuff in the neighbor bins early in the morning. After they've moved it to the curb of course.
Kerry and Callie went to the dance studio near our house and picked up a floor matte which would make some of Callie's home dance practices a bit easier. I spent the afternoon getting preparing parts for finishing up the mantle around our fire place. We got a new fire place and the new one is a bit bigger so I have to raise the mantle by three inches.

The best part of the day was family movie night. We all watched "The Rise of Skywalker" and we ordered Cineplex popcorn for the experience. It was okay but I suspect they are not getting a lot of orders so the popcorn was a bit stale. It probably works better when movies are playing and they can send fresh popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment