It was the first day back to work after the long weekend and Kerry's turn to go into the school. I had yet another work from home day which is in some ways good and some ways not so good. I get about the same amount of work done but it seems to take longer. Luckily there is no commute so I end up with the same amount of time after work. There is also one other benefit. At work I would typically get up periodically and go into the kitchen or the copy room so that I'm not sitting all day. Now I can get up and go do something useful around the house like watering. Sometimes even during conference calls as long as I'm on mute.We had poured the concrete last Friday but had to wait for it to cure before we installed the post and hoop. We had everything pre-assembled and just had to put in a few more bolts. Getting the pole up was a one person job but they recommend four capable adults for installing the backboard. Two to lift it and two to install the bolts. We did not have access to four adults so we had to improvise. Luckily I had some scaffolding that I could use. We set up one level and made it tall enough to rest the backboard on. Once we lifted it up in a few steps it was simple to just align the arms and install the bolts. Carter has spent hours on it so far. The only drawback was that it faces West so it is a bit tough to play in the evening without sunglasses.

No comments:
Post a Comment